Monday, December 27, 2010

Preparation

Well, what better time to start writing than during Christmas, which in my opinion is is like the start of a new year and how convenient that it is so close to the new year. To be honest I have always been more for Easter, probably because there is not as much pressure put on it, in terms of gif giving. After all these years, I am wonder what it would be like to have a Christmas without presents? Something to think about.

This advent season, the idea of preparing has "been on my heart" as some say. And as I start to prepare for another chapter in my life (graduating college, moving away from home, and getting married), the concept of preparation is becoming louder than ever before. I was hoping to treat this advent like lent and try to do something to bring myself closer to God. As much as I don't believe I was successful in my mission, I think I was. Where I find my success in fulfilling this desire is that I have reminded myself of the things that I already do. While I know that I need to not be so hard on myself about not being a "by the book" or "conventional" sort of person, I do well and work hard to live like I think Jesus would want me too.

A friend of mine gave me a book, that has a prayer/reading for each day and the one for today is about peace. I think peace is something that we are all looking for in our lives. I think we all have peace when we take the time to recognize it. We can think that the world is falling apart all around us but inside our souls are not altered by the turbulence around us. God grants us peace through the grace he gives us. We can have this grace/peace by simply accepting it. However, sadly, it is not as simple as we might like, right? It is all so much easier said than done. So the thought for today is, how do we accept this grace and allow for ourselves to be at peace in the Creator?

No comments:

Post a Comment